Monday, February 15, 2010

Bagels

Shaped and ready to be boiled

Boiling!


Baked and ready to eat!



All these need is a little jam or cream cheese, yummy!


No I am not a carb addict. But I find breads are the one food product that is very over processed. I challenge you to find a store bagel with only 5 ingredients. If you do let me know! I even find that many fresh bakery's still add preservatives and have a long list of ingredients that I can not even read, let alone pronounce.

I had made these bagels a long time ago when my children were small. For some reason they seemed much easier to make today compared to back when my kids were scooting around.

These are seriously very simple to make and take no time at all.

If you don't have a bread machine I encourage you to make a triple batch of these in a bowl. The only negative thing about this recipe is that it only makes 8 Bagels.

I have a second whole wheat batch in the bread machine right now. Hopefully these ones will make it into the freezer for quick snacks.

Your options are endless with this recipe. You can make chocolate chip ones for the kids, sun dried tomato and cheese, flax seed and rosemary(you get my point). Have fun making them and enjoy eating a chemical free bagel.

I would also assume that the calories from this recipe will be significantly less then a store bought bagel. You can cut out the sugar which will make them even lower in calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment