Thursday, March 17, 2011

Gluten free Surprises!

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze (and sprinkles!)


Yes, believe it or not these yummy treats are gluten free and oh so good.
I Bought the book Cooking for Isaiah a gluten and dairy free cook book.
When I saw the doughnuts I knew I had to try them and after I hunted down a doughnut pan the project was on. In Winnipeg there is a little Gluten free store called Lorenzo's, it is located on St. Mary's Avenue and they sell some premixed gluten free flour blends for baking.
The only thing I can say is my kids and husband were all fooled and had no idea that these were made with gluten free flours.

I encourage everyone to try something different, you just may very well be surprised at the results.

3 comments:

  1. YUM! I wish you could pack up one of those doughnuts in an envelope and send it my way!lol...now can you please figure out a way to make doughnuts CALORIE free as well?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my those doughnuts!!! It's been so very long since I've eaten one and really, the only ones I truly loved before going vegan were chocolate with chocolate glaze....

    ReplyDelete
  3. almost everything about those doughnuts are vegan except for the egg, and I know you can sub it for egg substitute. If you want the recipe lmk! they can also be backed in mini muffin tins for some bite size doughnuts.

    ReplyDelete