Wednesday, March 24, 2010

"Almost" Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies



So I started my no sugar kick on Saturday instead of Monday. I felt I was ready and didn't feel the need to wait. I am proud to say I have not ate one baked good with refind sugar. I don't feel any diffrent yet but I am sure that takes time.

I am in the process of trying to find recipes for goodies that don't have any sugar. I have sucessfuly baked banana bread and some chocolate chip cookies.

Ok, so the chocolate has sugar, but they are for the kids. Making a cookie without sugar and the kids actualy eat it is amazing, chips or not.


"Almost" Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies


1/2 cup mashed banana


1/3 cup vegetable oil(or melted butter)


1/4 tsp vanilla


2 eggs


1/4 cup rice milk(rice milk is naturally sweet) or you can use cows milk


1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour


2 tbsp wheat germ


1/4 tsp baking soda


2/3 cups rolled oats


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, beat together the mashed banana, oil, vanilla, eggs and milk until creamy. Beat in the flour, wheat germ and baking soda. Stir in oats and mix thoroughly. Coat a cookie sheet with veg oil or butter. Drop batter by the spoonful onto the cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes.(8 minutes in convection oven) until just firm to the touch. Don't over bake! cool before serving.
If you want to make these completley sugar free add raisins or coconut, or nuts instead of chocolate chips.

Recipe taken from "Sugar Free Toddlers" Susan Watson. revised the original recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment