Today's new experiment involved making homemade English Muffins.
Thankfully I have a bread maker to make the dough as I have never been good at making yeasty breads without killing the yeast some how.
I placed all the ingredients into the bread maker and rolled out a couple dozen English Muffins in no time.
Again, a learning experience. I always try to follow recipes since they usually do work or they wouldn't be published, but for some reason this one needed to be changed and it was the baking process.
I tried making them on the stove as suggested but they just burned badly. I decided to bake the remaining muffins in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, turned them over and baked them for another 8 minutes. They turned out lovely!
The only ingredient I changed in the recipe itself was I used 3 cups whole wheat flour and 3 cups unbleached white flour. Next time I make these they will be 100% whole wheat.
We are not huge white bread fans but again, I try not to veer too far from the original recipe or I can't blame it for not working if it doesn't turn out.
p.s. The family and I loved these! so much nicer than bought english muffins, and not packed with preservatives and cheap fillers. Just simple homemade goodness. try them, you will love them too.